- The letter
- How opinions on AI change
- 4 reasons why AI is so powerful
- What could go wrong (bad and really fkn bad)
- Who signed the letter and who didn't
- The REAL reason why they signed
What is this letter?
How opinions on AI change:
How it started vs how it's going:
Why AI is so powerful:
AI is more combinatorial than any other tool:
Evolution for AI is much faster compared to humans:
AI faces no selection pressure from evolution:
AI doesn't need to be "bad" to resist control:
How AI could go wrong:
- Any kind of risk we have now will be amplified.
Putting tech in the hands of authoritarian governments:
Misinformation causing signals with second-order effects:
Pushing agencies and echo bubbles:
- And the obvious ones: war, pandemics, more exploitative behavior, AI taking control
Who signed the letter and who did not:
The REAL reason:
Worrying about the risks early is GOOD:
- Even if AI cant take control soon, it is worth worrying about it now because of exponential development.
Most likely immediate macro effect: Jobs
- Also acceleration of all trends from before.
- Keep a close eye on AI in your industry because it will likely bring YUGE change.